Install Cordova Or Phone Gap On Windows
Use Cordova if you are:
- a mobile developer and want to extend an application across more than one platform, without having to re-implement it with each platform's language and tool set.
- a web developer and want to deploy a web app that's packaged for distribution in various app store portals.
- a mobile developer interested in mixing native application components with a WebView (browser window) that can access device-level APIs, or if you want to develop a plugin interface between native and WebView components.
Install Cordova In Windows.
I found a lot of difficulties and struggled for about an hour to get pass through in installing Cordova in Windows. Here is the proper guide which will help you to setup Cordova successfully in your PC.
Follow these steps
- Download and Install node.js from http://nodejs.org/
- Run the command npm install -g phonegap (in case of phonegap installation) or run the command npm install -g cordova (in case of Cordova installation).
- As the installation gets completed you can notice this:
4. Notice the above line you can see the path were the file is mentioned. Copy that path. <FOLDER_PATH>\AppData\Roaming\npm\ and type cordova. There it is, it finally works.
5. Set the Environment Variables path to this location.
Thats It, Enjoy Cordova......